Will Young named Artist of the Year at Digital Music Awards
October 21 2004 11:00 PM ET
Out British pop idol Will Young was named Artist of the Year at the 2004 Digital Music Awards, reports BBC News. The event, once known as the Interactive Music Awards, is now in its third year. Also taking home prizes were Lemar (Best Urban Artist), Faithless (Best Dance Artist), Girls Aloud (Best Pop Artist), and Paul Weller (Best Rock Indie Artist). Apple's iTunes was named best download service, and Virgin Radio won for Best Radio Station Online. Of the program's 17 categories, 13 were voted on by the public, while four were judged by a panel of experts.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers