Brother to Brother nominated for two Gotham Awards
November 03 2004 1:00 AM ET
The acclaimed indie feature Brother to Brother, about a gay African-American artist inspired by his friendship with a veteran of the Harlem Renaissance, has been nominated for two Gotham Awards, reports indieWIRE.com. The awards will be presented December 1 by the Independent Feature Project/New York. Actor Anthony Mackie is up for Breakthrough Actor, while writer-director Rodney Evans is in the running for Breakthrough Director.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'