Augusten Burroughs's Sellevision headed to the big screen
December 15 2004 1:00 AM ET
Sellevision, the novel Augusten Burroughs published before writing his hit memoirs Running With Scissors and Dry, is being turned into a movie by Halo Entertainment, reports Variety. Sex and the City's Kristin Davis and Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfus are in negotiations to star in the film about a fictional home-shopping channel called Sellevision and the scandal that erupts after one of the network's on-air hosts snaps. Mark Bozek--who knows the terrain from having worked at USA Interactive's home-shopping unit--will adapt and direct the film, set to start shooting in February in Florida.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Antigay Kentucky Clerk Makes Emergency Appeal to Supreme Court
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'
- Op-ed: Michael Sam Helps Therapy Come Out of the Closet