Bear Cub earns Goya Award nomination
December 28 2004 1:00 AM ET
The Goya Academy Awards, which honor the year's best Spanish films, bestowed a nomination to the gay film Cachorro (released in the United States as Bear Cub). Actor José Luis García-Pérez is up for Best New Actor for his role in the film, in which he stars as a bearish gay dentist who has to change his life when he suddenly finds himself taking care of his young nephew. The Goya Awards will be presented in Madrid on January 30.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?