Bear Cub earns Goya Award nomination
December 28 2004 1:00 AM ET
The Goya Academy Awards, which honor the year's best Spanish films, bestowed a nomination to the gay film Cachorro (released in the United States as Bear Cub). Actor José Luis García-Pérez is up for Best New Actor for his role in the film, in which he stars as a bearish gay dentist who has to change his life when he suddenly finds himself taking care of his young nephew. The Goya Awards will be presented in Madrid on January 30.
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- Why Are We Gay?
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'
- Freeheld: Love In the Time of Cancer
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple