Bear Cub earns Goya Award nomination
December 28 2004 1:00 AM ET
The Goya Academy Awards, which honor the year's best Spanish films, bestowed a nomination to the gay film Cachorro (released in the United States as Bear Cub). Actor José Luis García-Pérez is up for Best New Actor for his role in the film, in which he stars as a bearish gay dentist who has to change his life when he suddenly finds himself taking care of his young nephew. The Goya Awards will be presented in Madrid on January 30.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple