Sweeney Todd to hit New York?
January 04 2005 1:00 AM ET
The current London revival of Stephen Sondheim's Sweeney Todd looks likely to reach Broadway in 2005, according to Daily Variety. The production, which opened in February 2004, will run in its current form until February 5. The musical, based on the 19th-century British "penny dreadful" story of a mad barber and his accomplice, Mrs. Lovett, is widely considered to be Stephen Sondheim's masterpiece. It celebrates its 25th anniversary this year. The London cast includes Paul Hegarty as Sweeney, Karen Mann as Mrs. Lovett, Michael Howcroft as Beadle, Rebecca Jackson as the Beggar Woman, Stephanie Jacob as Pirelli, Rebecca Jenkins as Johanna, Sam Kenyon as Tobias, David Ricardo-Pearce as Anthony, and Colin Wakefield as the Judge.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Neil Patrick Harris Explains He Got Married for His Kids
- WATCH: Ellen Does Pot Brownies With Matthew McConaughey