Sweeney Todd to hit New York?
January 04 2005 1:00 AM ET
The current London revival of Stephen Sondheim's Sweeney Todd looks likely to reach Broadway in 2005, according to Daily Variety. The production, which opened in February 2004, will run in its current form until February 5. The musical, based on the 19th-century British "penny dreadful" story of a mad barber and his accomplice, Mrs. Lovett, is widely considered to be Stephen Sondheim's masterpiece. It celebrates its 25th anniversary this year. The London cast includes Paul Hegarty as Sweeney, Karen Mann as Mrs. Lovett, Michael Howcroft as Beadle, Rebecca Jackson as the Beggar Woman, Stephanie Jacob as Pirelli, Rebecca Jenkins as Johanna, Sam Kenyon as Tobias, David Ricardo-Pearce as Anthony, and Colin Wakefield as the Judge.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb