Lions Gate acquires David LaChapelle's Rize
January 27 2005 12:00 AM ET
Lions Gate Films acquired worldwide rights to Rize, the documentary feature debut by out photographer David LaChapelle, at the Sundance Film Festival. The film examines the urban dance phenomenon known as "krumping," in which youths dance dressed as clowns. "A dynamic combination of music and dance, Rize brings a heretofore unknown culture to the screen," said Lions Gate Film Releasing president Tom Ortenberg in a statement. "We were dazzled by its beauty and energy and look forward to introducing Rize to audiences around the world." No release date has yet been set.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model