Lions Gate acquires David LaChapelle's Rize
January 27 2005 1:00 AM ET
Lions Gate Films acquired worldwide rights to Rize, the documentary feature debut by out photographer David LaChapelle, at the Sundance Film Festival. The film examines the urban dance phenomenon known as "krumping," in which youths dance dressed as clowns. "A dynamic combination of music and dance, Rize brings a heretofore unknown culture to the screen," said Lions Gate Film Releasing president Tom Ortenberg in a statement. "We were dazzled by its beauty and energy and look forward to introducing Rize to audiences around the world." No release date has yet been set.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam