Lions Gate acquires David LaChapelle's Rize
January 27 2005 1:00 AM ET
Lions Gate Films acquired worldwide rights to Rize, the documentary feature debut by out photographer David LaChapelle, at the Sundance Film Festival. The film examines the urban dance phenomenon known as "krumping," in which youths dance dressed as clowns. "A dynamic combination of music and dance, Rize brings a heretofore unknown culture to the screen," said Lions Gate Film Releasing president Tom Ortenberg in a statement. "We were dazzled by its beauty and energy and look forward to introducing Rize to audiences around the world." No release date has yet been set.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'