Lions Gate acquires David LaChapelle's Rize
January 27 2005 1:00 AM ET
Lions Gate Films acquired worldwide rights to Rize, the documentary feature debut by out photographer David LaChapelle, at the Sundance Film Festival. The film examines the urban dance phenomenon known as "krumping," in which youths dance dressed as clowns. "A dynamic combination of music and dance, Rize brings a heretofore unknown culture to the screen," said Lions Gate Film Releasing president Tom Ortenberg in a statement. "We were dazzled by its beauty and energy and look forward to introducing Rize to audiences around the world." No release date has yet been set.
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word