Scissor Sisters: We get hate mail in the U.S.
February 16 2005 12:00 AM ET
While the mostly gay rock band Scissor Sisters are the toast of the United Kingdom--they took home three Brit Awards last week--they get hate mail in the United States, according to out lead singer Jake Shears, who told Channel Four News that he suspects the negative feedback at home is due to homophobia. "People in the U.K., more so than in the United States, realize that music transcends sexuality," said Shears. The group's self-titled debut album has sold 1.6 million copies in the United Kingdom, as opposed to about 150,000 in the U.S.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View