Q Television Network to executive-produce John Cameron Mitchell's Shortbus
February 25 2005 1:00 AM ET
Q Television Network announced Thursday that it has signed on as executive producer for John Cameron Mitchell's sexually provocative new film, Shortbus. The follow-up to the out writer-director's acclaimed Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Shortbus follows seven characters in modern-day New York through an exploration of sexuality, art, and music. The project has been much talked-about and eagerly awaited, both as Mitchell's sophomore project and because Mitchell promised the film would contain explicit sexuality. Q Television will be the majority equity partner in Shortbus and will have exclusive broadcast rights when the film goes to cable; North American theatrical rights remain open.
In a statement Mitchell said, "I'm incredibly excited to be working with Q Television. Their rock-and-roll enthusiasm for my admittedly controversial project reveals them as a force to be reckoned with!"
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality