Q Television Network to executive-produce John Cameron Mitchell's Shortbus
February 25 2005 1:00 AM ET
Q Television Network announced Thursday that it has signed on as executive producer for John Cameron Mitchell's sexually provocative new film, Shortbus. The follow-up to the out writer-director's acclaimed Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Shortbus follows seven characters in modern-day New York through an exploration of sexuality, art, and music. The project has been much talked-about and eagerly awaited, both as Mitchell's sophomore project and because Mitchell promised the film would contain explicit sexuality. Q Television will be the majority equity partner in Shortbus and will have exclusive broadcast rights when the film goes to cable; North American theatrical rights remain open.
In a statement Mitchell said, "I'm incredibly excited to be working with Q Television. Their rock-and-roll enthusiasm for my admittedly controversial project reveals them as a force to be reckoned with!"
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover