Q Television Network to executive-produce John Cameron Mitchell's Shortbus
February 25 2005 1:00 AM ET
Q Television Network announced Thursday that it has signed on as executive producer for John Cameron Mitchell's sexually provocative new film, Shortbus. The follow-up to the out writer-director's acclaimed Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Shortbus follows seven characters in modern-day New York through an exploration of sexuality, art, and music. The project has been much talked-about and eagerly awaited, both as Mitchell's sophomore project and because Mitchell promised the film would contain explicit sexuality. Q Television will be the majority equity partner in Shortbus and will have exclusive broadcast rights when the film goes to cable; North American theatrical rights remain open.
In a statement Mitchell said, "I'm incredibly excited to be working with Q Television. Their rock-and-roll enthusiasm for my admittedly controversial project reveals them as a force to be reckoned with!"
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide