ThinkFilm acquires still unfinished Eddie Izzard documentary
February 25 2005 12:00 AM ET
Indie distributor ThinkFilm has acquired all North American rights to a documentary about Emmy-winning British comedian Eddie Izzard. The untitled film, which has been in production for about three years, will combine performance footage; interviews with friends, family, and fans; and extensive material documenting the cross-dressing comedian's life onstage and off-.
Izzard is known for his one-man shows; Dress to Kill, a 1998 HBO film capturing his live act, earned Emmys in the Variety, Music, or Comedy category for both writing and performance. ThinkFilm, the company that brought the public the Oscar-nominated 2004 documentary Born Into Brothels, hopes to unveil the Izzard film in September at the Toronto International Film Festival, with Izzard doing a live performance as part of the presentation.
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 2 hours 31 min ago
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM