ThinkFilm acquires still unfinished Eddie Izzard documentary
February 25 2005 1:00 AM ET
Indie distributor ThinkFilm has acquired all North American rights to a documentary about Emmy-winning British comedian Eddie Izzard. The untitled film, which has been in production for about three years, will combine performance footage; interviews with friends, family, and fans; and extensive material documenting the cross-dressing comedian's life onstage and off-.
Izzard is known for his one-man shows; Dress to Kill, a 1998 HBO film capturing his live act, earned Emmys in the Variety, Music, or Comedy category for both writing and performance. ThinkFilm, the company that brought the public the Oscar-nominated 2004 documentary Born Into Brothels, hopes to unveil the Izzard film in September at the Toronto International Film Festival, with Izzard doing a live performance as part of the presentation.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- Op-ed: From Closeted Catholic to Gay Hero
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?