ThinkFilm acquires still unfinished Eddie Izzard documentary
February 25 2005 1:00 AM ET
Indie distributor ThinkFilm has acquired all North American rights to a documentary about Emmy-winning British comedian Eddie Izzard. The untitled film, which has been in production for about three years, will combine performance footage; interviews with friends, family, and fans; and extensive material documenting the cross-dressing comedian's life onstage and off-.
Izzard is known for his one-man shows; Dress to Kill, a 1998 HBO film capturing his live act, earned Emmys in the Variety, Music, or Comedy category for both writing and performance. ThinkFilm, the company that brought the public the Oscar-nominated 2004 documentary Born Into Brothels, hopes to unveil the Izzard film in September at the Toronto International Film Festival, with Izzard doing a live performance as part of the presentation.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses