ThinkFilm acquires still unfinished Eddie Izzard documentary
February 25 2005 1:00 AM ET
Indie distributor ThinkFilm has acquired all North American rights to a documentary about Emmy-winning British comedian Eddie Izzard. The untitled film, which has been in production for about three years, will combine performance footage; interviews with friends, family, and fans; and extensive material documenting the cross-dressing comedian's life onstage and off-.
Izzard is known for his one-man shows; Dress to Kill, a 1998 HBO film capturing his live act, earned Emmys in the Variety, Music, or Comedy category for both writing and performance. ThinkFilm, the company that brought the public the Oscar-nominated 2004 documentary Born Into Brothels, hopes to unveil the Izzard film in September at the Toronto International Film Festival, with Izzard doing a live performance as part of the presentation.
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- Debunking Bill Cosby's Claim He Can Read Women's Desires, Accuser Comes Out As Lesbian
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media