Real World's Renzi skips out on St. Louis police raid
March 18 2005 1:00 AM ET
Gay Real World: Miami graduate Dan Renzi is back in the limelight, this time in St. Louis, where he was appearing in the nudity-infused gay stage play Making Porn when the local police raided the joint. St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Deb Peterson reported Wednesday that "St. Louis undercover police raided the Spot nightclub on Saturday [March 12] during a performance of the play...which has been performed across the country without incident for more than a decade."
Police shut down the play and, Renzi told Advocate.com, arrested the club's manager, who was released with a summons to appear in court. "It's a comedy," Renzi told Peterson, on his way out of town with the show's other five cast members, whose next gig is in Baltimore. "We got in and out of Texas without a murmur!"
When the raid happened, Renzi told Advocate.com, he fled out the back door of the club while busy pulling on his pants at the same time: "St Louis is actually a cool city...except for the fact that they don't like onstage nudity," he said. Beyond that, he declined to elaborate. "I'm so sick of this situation already I'd rather not [say anything more]." Renzi is currently appearing on MTV's The Inferno II, a physical-challenge team competition that was taped in January.
The Inferno II was created by out TV producer Jonathan Murray, one of the original creators of The Real World.
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 1 hour 41 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 2 hours 41 min ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? March 14 2014 5:30 PM