Adam Shankman circling Slammer
April 22 2005 12:00 AM ET
Sarah Jessica Parker, Emmy-winning star of the late HBO series Sex and the City, is in negotiations to play the lead role of a publicist in the dark comedy Slammer. Out filmmaker Adam Shankman, who directed the current Vin Diesel-starring comedy The Pacifier, is in negotiations to direct Slammer for Revolution Studios. The script is by Sara Goodman, based on a story by Tim Metcalfe and John Slotnick and a screenplay by Metcalfe. Slammer follows crafty publicist Maggie Ray, who is framed for theft and shipped to Sing Sing prison in New York. In an attempt to polish the prison's image, she produces an inmate-led musical that could save her career.
Parker's upcoming films include the romantic comedies Failure to Launch and The Family Stone as well as Strangers With Candy, the big-screen adaptation of the Comedy Central series starring Amy Sedaris. Shankman's next directorial project is Cheaper by the Dozen 2. His other credits include Bringin' Down the House, The Wedding Planner, and A Walk to Remember. (Liza Foreman, via Reuters)
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'