Stars line up for Todd Haynes's Bob Dylan movie
May 03 2005 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that a passel of big names--including Cate Blanchett, Adrien Brody, Colin Farrell, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Richard Gere, and Julianne Moore--are all but confirmed to appear in I'm Not There, writer-director Todd Haynes's new film about the life of Bob Dylan. Haynes's screenplay, approved by Dylan, will follow seven characters, each of whom embodies a different aspect of the musician's life and work. The openly gay filmmaker, whose previous films include Far From Heaven and Safe, hopes to start shooting in the fall.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Why Does Facebook Censor Gay Images?
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling