Mark Bingham Remembered in September 11 TV Movie
September 10 2005 12:00 AM ET
Among the heroes of September 11, 2001, gay rugby player Mark Bingham has often been relegated to the background. In mainstream media accounts of the final hours of United Airlines Flight 93, whose passengers died in their successful uprising against its hijackers, it's been the heterosexual passengers who got the airtime and the attention. The Discovery Channel's docudrama The Flight That Fought Back may present a more balanced picture. Set to air at 9 p.m. Sunday, September 11, this account boasts unprecedented access to families and friends of the passengers as well as voice recordings and research undertaken by the 9/11 Commission Report.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times