Mark Bingham Remembered in September 11 TV Movie
September 09 2005 11:00 PM ET
Among the heroes of September 11, 2001, gay rugby player Mark Bingham has often been relegated to the background. In mainstream media accounts of the final hours of United Airlines Flight 93, whose passengers died in their successful uprising against its hijackers, it's been the heterosexual passengers who got the airtime and the attention. The Discovery Channel's docudrama The Flight That Fought Back may present a more balanced picture. Set to air at 9 p.m. Sunday, September 11, this account boasts unprecedented access to families and friends of the passengers as well as voice recordings and research undertaken by the 9/11 Commission Report.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View