Gay former boy-bander ties the knot in England
BY Mike Grippi
March 21 2006 1:00 AM ET
singer Stephen Gately, 30, had a civil partnership
commitment ceremony over the weekend in London. Gately and
his partner, internet entrepreneur Andy Cowles, made a
public commitment to each other three years ago in Las
Vegas, but the ceremony in Britain marks their
relationship's first legal recognition. Boyzone recorded six
U.K. number 1 singles and sold more than 10 million
albums between 1993 and 1999; Gately released one solo
album before being dropped by his label in 2001.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'