Gay former boy-bander ties the knot in England
BY Mike Grippi
March 21 2006 12:00 AM ET
singer Stephen Gately, 30, had a civil partnership
commitment ceremony over the weekend in London. Gately and
his partner, internet entrepreneur Andy Cowles, made a
public commitment to each other three years ago in Las
Vegas, but the ceremony in Britain marks their
relationship's first legal recognition. Boyzone recorded six
U.K. number 1 singles and sold more than 10 million
albums between 1993 and 1999; Gately released one solo
album before being dropped by his label in 2001.
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- STUDY: Gay Sex Helps Humans Bond and Survive
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary