BY Advocate.com Editors
October 27 2009 2:25 PM ET
It didn’t take long for the gossip mill to begin rumbling with rumors of a romance between newly single actresses Cherry Jones and Jodie Foster on the set of their film The Beaver. Foster is directing Jones and Mel Gibson in the comedy about a man who treats a beaver hand puppet as a living creature. Foster will also appear in the film, scheduled for release in 2010.
Blogger Perez Hilton quotes National Enquirer, saying "There was definite chemistry between them when they met and everyone on the set is buzzing that the two make an adorable couple. They both seem incredibly happy."
Emmy award-winner Jones recently revealed she has amicably ended her long-term relationship with actress Sarah Paulson. Foster, who has never publicly proclaimed her sexuality, is said to have split with producer Cynthia Mort earlier this year.
Hilton later updated his report, stating that the Enquirer’s sources are wrong and the two single actresses are definitely not dating.
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality