Richard Chamberlain Reportedly Single
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 26 2010 7:45 PM ET
Richard Chamberlain, who rose to fame as the star of the ’60s TV series Dr. Kildare and returned to the public eye in the miniseries The Thorn Birds, has reportedly split from his partner of more than 30 years.
Chamberlain and manager-producer Martin Rabbett had been together since the late ’70s, though the actor didn’t officially come out until his 2003 autobiography Shattered Love.
The two have lived in Hawaii for several years, but Chamberlain reportedly moved back to Los Angeles earlier this year to film a series of appearances in the TNT show Leverage, starring Timothy Hutton.
Rabbet served as Chamberlain’s manager for many years. Chamberlain’s last acting appearance was in a 2007 episode of Desperate Housewives playing Lynette Scavo’s (Felicity Huffman) stepfather.
- 5 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana