Richard Chamberlain Reportedly Single
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 26 2010 7:45 PM ET
Richard Chamberlain, who rose to fame as the star of the ’60s TV series Dr. Kildare and returned to the public eye in the miniseries The Thorn Birds, has reportedly split from his partner of more than 30 years.
Chamberlain and manager-producer Martin Rabbett had been together since the late ’70s, though the actor didn’t officially come out until his 2003 autobiography Shattered Love.
The two have lived in Hawaii for several years, but Chamberlain reportedly moved back to Los Angeles earlier this year to film a series of appearances in the TNT show Leverage, starring Timothy Hutton.
Rabbet served as Chamberlain’s manager for many years. Chamberlain’s last acting appearance was in a 2007 episode of Desperate Housewives playing Lynette Scavo’s (Felicity Huffman) stepfather.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'