Richard Chamberlain Reportedly Single
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 26 2010 7:45 PM ET
Richard Chamberlain, who rose to fame as the star of the ’60s TV series Dr. Kildare and returned to the public eye in the miniseries The Thorn Birds, has reportedly split from his partner of more than 30 years.
Chamberlain and manager-producer Martin Rabbett had been together since the late ’70s, though the actor didn’t officially come out until his 2003 autobiography Shattered Love.
The two have lived in Hawaii for several years, but Chamberlain reportedly moved back to Los Angeles earlier this year to film a series of appearances in the TNT show Leverage, starring Timothy Hutton.
Rabbet served as Chamberlain’s manager for many years. Chamberlain’s last acting appearance was in a 2007 episode of Desperate Housewives playing Lynette Scavo’s (Felicity Huffman) stepfather.
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'