Richard Chamberlain Reportedly Single
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 26 2010 7:45 PM ET
Richard Chamberlain, who rose to fame as the star of the ’60s TV series Dr. Kildare and returned to the public eye in the miniseries The Thorn Birds, has reportedly split from his partner of more than 30 years.
Chamberlain and manager-producer Martin Rabbett had been together since the late ’70s, though the actor didn’t officially come out until his 2003 autobiography Shattered Love.
The two have lived in Hawaii for several years, but Chamberlain reportedly moved back to Los Angeles earlier this year to film a series of appearances in the TNT show Leverage, starring Timothy Hutton.
Rabbet served as Chamberlain’s manager for many years. Chamberlain’s last acting appearance was in a 2007 episode of Desperate Housewives playing Lynette Scavo’s (Felicity Huffman) stepfather.
- Arts & Entertainment Lorde Is Not Having Your Stupid Lesbian Joke 10 min 20 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: In Defense of Looking 1 hour 54 min ago
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 2 hours 53 min ago
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 5:00 AM
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM