Salahis Fail Charity at D.C. Gay Bar
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 20 2010 8:55 AM ET
Michaele and Tareq Salahi, who crashed the White House last year, held an event to raise money for charity at a D.C. gay bar, but now they say no one will benefit from the party.
According to the New York Post, the Salahis told Michaele’s fellow cast members at The Real Housewives of D.C. that event proceeds would go to the military charity Honor and Remember, but a charity organizer said the organization would receive nothing.
“Tickets for the bash held at a DC gay bar ranged from $25 for general admission to $500 for access to the VIP room,” reported the Post. “The organization said it was promised 40 percent of the profit but was told recently the packed, cash-bar event didn't make any money. A rep for the Salahis claims they were merely guests of honor: ‘This was not a Salahi event. They were not privy to the operational and management aspects of this event, nor were they compensated for their appearance.’”
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel