Axl Rose Parties at London Gay Club
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 31 2010 9:15 AM ET
Guns N’ Roses front man Axl Rose, who has battled an antigay reputation, reportedly partied at a gay club night in London over the weekend.
NME reports that Rose appeared for the party at Bungalow 8 after a tough performance at the Reading and Leeds festivals.
“Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose reportedly partied at a gay club in London after his band's controversial performance at the Reading Festival over the weekend,” according to NME. “The singer was spotted at a gay night at Bungalow 8, where he was later seen chomping on cheese on toast at 5am. Rose is also thought to have sacked his entire tour crew after his band's slot at Reading over-ran on Friday and landed him a huge fine. He was reportedly sleeping when he was due onstage at both the Reading and Leeds festivals, and his entourage were under strict orders not to disturb him.”
Rose fought charges of homophobia and racism in 1988 for his lyrics to the song, “One in a Million.” He recounted having negative experiences with gay men, although since that time, he has befriended and performed with Elton John.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- PHOTOS: The Bare Truths of Trans Men
- WATCH: Violet Chachki & Alaska Get Ratchet in Team Heartbreak's 'Do It Like Miley'