Betty White for Marriage Equality
BY Julie Bolcer
October 29 2010 9:10 AM ET
Betty White, who graces the cover of this week’s Parade magazine, expresses her support for marriage equality, saying of the opponents, “I don’t know how people can get so anti-something.”
Just Jared reports on what the 88-year-old Golden Girls star had to say about the subject.
“I don’t care who anybody sleeps with,” said White. “If a couple has been together all that time — and there are gay relationships that are more solid than some heterosexual ones — I think it’s fine if they want to get married. I don’t know how people can get so anti-something. Mind your own business, take care of your affairs, and don’t worry about other people so much.”
White also spoke about the sense of humor and love of animals her parents instilled in her, and her healthy interest in men, which makes her a cougar by necessity at her age.
“I’ve always liked older men,” she said. “They’re just more attractive to me. Of course, at my age there aren’t that many left! I’ve enjoyed the opposite sex a lot. Always have. Always will."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 1 hour 5 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM