Oprah and Whoopi Friends Again
BY Julie Bolcer
November 16 2010 10:00 AM ET
Oprah Winfrey and Whoopi Goldberg had not spoken in years because each mistakenly thought the other was mad at her.
Goldberg appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, where the two tearfully discussed seeing each other for the first time in years recently at Tyler Perry’s house. Goldberg appears in his new film For Colored Girls.
Oprah began to cry as she described “a divine moment” when the two women figured out there were no hard feelings between them, only mistaken assumptions. They met when both starred in The Color Purple, a film in which Goldberg’s character, Celie, flirts with a lesbian romance that is more pronounced in the book by Alice Walker.
And the lesson from the misunderstanding? Oprah says that if you are unsure how someone feels about you, “You should just call them.”
Watch their conversation here.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled