Argentina's Trans Housemate
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 20 2011 8:25 AM ET
Alejandro Iglesias, a cast member of Big Brother in Argentina, told several of his housemates that he is a trans man.
Blabbeando reports on the development, which the blog calls “as visible a forum as there ever has been for trans issues in Latin America,” where Iglesias has defied predictions that he would be the first person booted off the show.
The debut episode of Big Brother shared Iglesias’s story with viewers, but his housemates did not know yet.
“In the casting tape he said that the reason he wanted to join the show was to have the chance to win the prize money so he can afford to pay for an expensive gender-reassignment surgery,” reports Blabbeando. “He also said he would not have a problem telling others about it as long as he came to trust others in the house.”
Watch Iglesias tell some housemates in the video.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 7:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM