Argentina's Trans Housemate
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 20 2011 9:25 AM ET
Alejandro Iglesias, a cast member of Big Brother in Argentina, told several of his housemates that he is a trans man.
Blabbeando reports on the development, which the blog calls “as visible a forum as there ever has been for trans issues in Latin America,” where Iglesias has defied predictions that he would be the first person booted off the show.
The debut episode of Big Brother shared Iglesias’s story with viewers, but his housemates did not know yet.
“In the casting tape he said that the reason he wanted to join the show was to have the chance to win the prize money so he can afford to pay for an expensive gender-reassignment surgery,” reports Blabbeando. “He also said he would not have a problem telling others about it as long as he came to trust others in the house.”
Watch Iglesias tell some housemates in the video.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- 18 Camp Classic Musicals That Make Us Sing
- WATCH: Oregon Gov. Emotionally Signs Conversion Therapy Ban Into Law
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations