Jason Mraz: No Wedding Until Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 25 2011 8:45 AM ET
Jason Mraz said that he would not wed fiancée Tristan Prettyman until marriage equality is the law of the land.
CNN reports on what the 33-year-old singer told Us Weekly last week at Elton John’s concert to benefit the American Foundation for Equal Rights.
Despite getting engaged in December, Jason Mraz has no intention of walking down the aisle with girlfriend Tristan Prettyman anytime soon, reports Us Weekly.
"We can't get married until [gay] marriage is legal and equal... I think giving people the right to marry will be a huge movement in civil rights," he said. "The wedding would be nice for our family, our friends, our community — our moms especially — and so it puts us in the fight."
Mraz and Prettyman got engaged in December.
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 1 hour 19 min ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 1 hour 24 min ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 1 hour 33 min ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 1 hour 37 min ago
- Film Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film 1 hour 38 min ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 1 hour 47 min ago
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 1 hour 51 min ago