Jason Mraz: No Wedding Until Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 25 2011 9:45 AM ET
Jason Mraz said that he would not wed fiancée Tristan Prettyman until marriage equality is the law of the land.
CNN reports on what the 33-year-old singer told Us Weekly last week at Elton John’s concert to benefit the American Foundation for Equal Rights.
Despite getting engaged in December, Jason Mraz has no intention of walking down the aisle with girlfriend Tristan Prettyman anytime soon, reports Us Weekly.
"We can't get married until [gay] marriage is legal and equal... I think giving people the right to marry will be a huge movement in civil rights," he said. "The wedding would be nice for our family, our friends, our community — our moms especially — and so it puts us in the fight."
Mraz and Prettyman got engaged in December.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- 18 Camp Classic Musicals That Make Us Sing
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All