Jason Mraz: No Wedding Until Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 25 2011 9:45 AM ET
Jason Mraz said that he would not wed fiancée Tristan Prettyman until marriage equality is the law of the land.
CNN reports on what the 33-year-old singer told Us Weekly last week at Elton John’s concert to benefit the American Foundation for Equal Rights.
Despite getting engaged in December, Jason Mraz has no intention of walking down the aisle with girlfriend Tristan Prettyman anytime soon, reports Us Weekly.
"We can't get married until [gay] marriage is legal and equal... I think giving people the right to marry will be a huge movement in civil rights," he said. "The wedding would be nice for our family, our friends, our community — our moms especially — and so it puts us in the fight."
Mraz and Prettyman got engaged in December.
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall
- N.J. School Reverses Position, Will Let Trans Teen Attend As Girl She Is
- Laura Jane Grace Doesn't Apologize for Being Herself
- Omar Sharif Jr. Carries Weight of Arab World With Substance, Dignity