Jason Mraz: No Wedding Until Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 25 2011 8:45 AM ET
Jason Mraz said that he would not wed fiancée Tristan Prettyman until marriage equality is the law of the land.
CNN reports on what the 33-year-old singer told Us Weekly last week at Elton John’s concert to benefit the American Foundation for Equal Rights.
Despite getting engaged in December, Jason Mraz has no intention of walking down the aisle with girlfriend Tristan Prettyman anytime soon, reports Us Weekly.
"We can't get married until [gay] marriage is legal and equal... I think giving people the right to marry will be a huge movement in civil rights," he said. "The wedding would be nice for our family, our friends, our community — our moms especially — and so it puts us in the fight."
Mraz and Prettyman got engaged in December.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- In Gambia, Being LGBT Now Means Torture, Life in Jail