Jason Mraz: No Wedding Until Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 25 2011 8:45 AM ET
Jason Mraz said that he would not wed fiancée Tristan Prettyman until marriage equality is the law of the land.
CNN reports on what the 33-year-old singer told Us Weekly last week at Elton John’s concert to benefit the American Foundation for Equal Rights.
Despite getting engaged in December, Jason Mraz has no intention of walking down the aisle with girlfriend Tristan Prettyman anytime soon, reports Us Weekly.
"We can't get married until [gay] marriage is legal and equal... I think giving people the right to marry will be a huge movement in civil rights," he said. "The wedding would be nice for our family, our friends, our community — our moms especially — and so it puts us in the fight."
Mraz and Prettyman got engaged in December.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 49 min 1 sec ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 1 hour 49 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 2 hours 49 min ago
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 2 hours 49 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM