Antigay Slur Sparks Shia LaBeouf Brawl
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 06 2011 1:15 PM ET
Shia LaBeouf was handcuffed by police following an early Saturday morning bar brawl that started when another patron called the actor a “f**king fa**ot.”
RadarOnline.com reports that the incident occurred at 1 a.m. at Mad Bull’s Tavern in the Sherman Oaks district of Los Angeles. Eyewitness Mikey Dee said the Transformers star had been at the bar with many of his friends for several hours when the altercation started on the outdoor patio.
“The guy was laughing at Shia and called Shia ‘a f**king fa**ot,’” Dee said to RadarOnline.com. “‘Shia shot back that he was going to ‘kick his f**king ass.’”
“Shia then lunged but the other guy got the first punch in. He hit Shia hard in the face and split his lip,” Dee reported.
The police arrived and handcuffed both men, but neither one wanted to press charges.
Dee said LaBeouf is a regular at the bar, where he said the actor started a fight three weeks ago. LaBeouf, who has said in interviews that his grandmother was a beatnik lesbian in the 1950s, had a DUI arrest in 2007, and in 2008 he was arrested for public intoxication in Chicago, reports RadarOnline.com.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6