Daniel Radcliffe to be Honored by Trevor Project
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 21 2011 9:55 AM ET
Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe will be honored by the Trevor Project for his work with the organization to prevent LGBTQ youth suicides.
The Associated Press reports that Radcliffe will receive the Hero Award from the Trevor Project in New York City in June. The award recognizes someone who has served as an inspiration to LGBTQ youths and increased understanding of the community. Past recipients have included Nathan Lane, Dustin Lance Black and Vanessa Williams.
Since 2009, Radcliffe has appeared in public service announcements and made public statements in support of the Trevor Project.
"The people that are doing the heroic things are the people answering phones 24 hours a day in the Trevor call centers," Radcliffe said in an interview with the AP. "I think that out of everything that I've done so far in my career, I think this is absolutely one of the most important, if not the most important, thing that I'm associated with."
Radcliffe is currently appearing in the Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Russia's High Court Declares 'Gay Propaganda' Ban Constitutional
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity 13 min 7 sec ago
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional 2 hours 48 min ago
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth 3:37 PM
- Entertainment News Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad 3:36 PM
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert on the Pressure for People Like Maria Bello to Come Out 3:17 PM
- Women Ms. Fit: A Lesbian-Friendly, Feminist Fitness Mag for All Women 2:47 PM