Daniel Radcliffe to be Honored by Trevor Project
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 21 2011 10:55 AM ET
Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe will be honored by the Trevor Project for his work with the organization to prevent LGBTQ youth suicides.
The Associated Press reports that Radcliffe will receive the Hero Award from the Trevor Project in New York City in June. The award recognizes someone who has served as an inspiration to LGBTQ youths and increased understanding of the community. Past recipients have included Nathan Lane, Dustin Lance Black and Vanessa Williams.
Since 2009, Radcliffe has appeared in public service announcements and made public statements in support of the Trevor Project.
"The people that are doing the heroic things are the people answering phones 24 hours a day in the Trevor call centers," Radcliffe said in an interview with the AP. "I think that out of everything that I've done so far in my career, I think this is absolutely one of the most important, if not the most important, thing that I'm associated with."
Radcliffe is currently appearing in the Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM