Daniel Radcliffe to be Honored by Trevor Project
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 21 2011 9:55 AM ET
Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe will be honored by the Trevor Project for his work with the organization to prevent LGBTQ youth suicides.
The Associated Press reports that Radcliffe will receive the Hero Award from the Trevor Project in New York City in June. The award recognizes someone who has served as an inspiration to LGBTQ youths and increased understanding of the community. Past recipients have included Nathan Lane, Dustin Lance Black and Vanessa Williams.
Since 2009, Radcliffe has appeared in public service announcements and made public statements in support of the Trevor Project.
"The people that are doing the heroic things are the people answering phones 24 hours a day in the Trevor call centers," Radcliffe said in an interview with the AP. "I think that out of everything that I've done so far in my career, I think this is absolutely one of the most important, if not the most important, thing that I'm associated with."
Radcliffe is currently appearing in the Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries
- Mass. Lt. Gov. Candidate Backs Marriage Equality; Conservatives Object
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 33 min 10 sec ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 1 hour 34 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 1 hour 38 min ago
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 3:07 PM
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 3:02 PM
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 2:53 PM