Elton John Hosts and Performs on
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 04 2011 8:05 AM ET
Sir Elton John pulled off the rare combination of both hosting and performing as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live over the weekend.
A variety of surprise guests including Jake Gyllenhaal, Tom Hanks, and New York Knicks player Carmelo Anthony appeared in skits replete with references to John’s British and gay identity. In his monologue the first-time host joked about becoming a father to son Zachary with partner David Furnish, his battle with alcoholism, and his reputation for being a diva, reports WENN.
"The baby has had some feeding difficulties — he is rejecting the breast. In that way he takes after both of his fathers," said John.
Watch the skit of John visiting Queen Elizabeth II to discuss what song to play at the upcoming royal wedding of Prince William.
- Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts New Anthem Supporting LGBT Russians
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 1 hour 4 min ago
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 2 hours 5 min ago
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM