Elton John Hosts and Performs on
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 04 2011 9:05 AM ET
Sir Elton John pulled off the rare combination of both hosting and performing as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live over the weekend.
A variety of surprise guests including Jake Gyllenhaal, Tom Hanks, and New York Knicks player Carmelo Anthony appeared in skits replete with references to John’s British and gay identity. In his monologue the first-time host joked about becoming a father to son Zachary with partner David Furnish, his battle with alcoholism, and his reputation for being a diva, reports WENN.
"The baby has had some feeding difficulties — he is rejecting the breast. In that way he takes after both of his fathers," said John.
Watch the skit of John visiting Queen Elizabeth II to discuss what song to play at the upcoming royal wedding of Prince William.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Op-ed: How the Voices of Children Have Helped Turn the Tide on Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: The First Weddings in Arizona