Lil B to Name Album
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 18 2011 8:15 AM ET
Rapper Lil B, who is straight, announced he would call his next album I’m Gay in order to show to show people that “words don’t mean s**t.”
Calling his move the “most controversial thing in hip-hop,” the rapper made the announcement from the stage Saturday at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, according to Ace Showbiz.
"Now I'mma tell you why I'm the first person to do it in hip-hop and why you're the first people to know my reasons," he said, as many in the crowd initially laughed. "I'm just gonna tell you. So many people be worried about what people mean and definitions of words and s**t ... Now, I like women, I love women, you feel me. But within yourselves, no matter what you do, it doesn't matter, it's like live life. You've only got one life to live. Be happy."
Watch the video of his announcement.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers