Cary Grant’s Daughter: Dad Wasn't Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 27 2011 8:10 AM ET
Jennifer Grant, the daughter of legendary Hollywood actor Cary Grant, addresses rumors about his sexuality in a new memoir, saying that he was not gay, but he enjoyed the speculation because it made women want him more.
Grant, 45, shares her memories in Good Stuff: A Reminiscence of My Father, which is being published by Alfred A. Knopf May 3. The actor died in 1986 at age 82. His daughter dedicated the book to her mother, actress Dyan Cannon.
According to People, “As for Cary Grant's sexuality, ‘Can't blame men for wanting him, and wouldn't be surprised if Dad even mildly flirted back,’ his daughter writes. ‘When the question arises, it generally speaks more about the person asking.’”
She continues, "Dad somewhat enjoyed being called gay. He said it made women want to prove the assertion wrong."
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 35 min 31 sec ago
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court 41 min 51 sec ago
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 1 hour 5 min ago
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 1 hour 14 min ago
- Youth Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill 1 hour 20 min ago
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 2 hours 3 min ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 2 hours 34 min ago