British PM Wants to Ban Gay TV Kisses
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 02 2011 10:50 AM ET
British prime minister David Cameron wants to restrict same-sex kisses on
television to late-night adult viewing hours.
The Sun reports that Cameron, the Conservative leader who attended the royal wedding last week, supports a ban on same-sex kisses during the “pre-watershed” viewing hours before 9 p.m. An independent review may recommend the restriction.
Brooke Vincent, who plays lesbian Sophie Webster on the soap opera Coronation Street, took to Twitter to accuse Cameron of not supporting equality.
According to The Sun, the 18-year-old actress tweeted, "I swear David Cameron's meant to be supporting equal rights. I just think if same-sex kisses are what he is prioritising and concentrating on changing, our country's in trouble."
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust