British PM Wants to Ban Gay TV Kisses
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 02 2011 9:50 AM ET
British prime minister David Cameron wants to restrict same-sex kisses on
television to late-night adult viewing hours.
The Sun reports that Cameron, the Conservative leader who attended the royal wedding last week, supports a ban on same-sex kisses during the “pre-watershed” viewing hours before 9 p.m. An independent review may recommend the restriction.
Brooke Vincent, who plays lesbian Sophie Webster on the soap opera Coronation Street, took to Twitter to accuse Cameron of not supporting equality.
According to The Sun, the 18-year-old actress tweeted, "I swear David Cameron's meant to be supporting equal rights. I just think if same-sex kisses are what he is prioritising and concentrating on changing, our country's in trouble."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment