British PM Wants to Ban Gay TV Kisses
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 02 2011 9:50 AM ET
British prime minister David Cameron wants to restrict same-sex kisses on
television to late-night adult viewing hours.
The Sun reports that Cameron, the Conservative leader who attended the royal wedding last week, supports a ban on same-sex kisses during the “pre-watershed” viewing hours before 9 p.m. An independent review may recommend the restriction.
Brooke Vincent, who plays lesbian Sophie Webster on the soap opera Coronation Street, took to Twitter to accuse Cameron of not supporting equality.
According to The Sun, the 18-year-old actress tweeted, "I swear David Cameron's meant to be supporting equal rights. I just think if same-sex kisses are what he is prioritising and concentrating on changing, our country's in trouble."
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 1 hour 33 min ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 1 hour 59 min ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 2 hours 4 min ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 2 hours 27 min ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 2 hours 29 min ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 5:49 PM