Joss Stone On Ricky Martin and Kissing Girls
BY Jeremy Kinser
October 14 2011 7:40 PM ET
Pop star Joss Stone says she's "snogged girls" before, and thinks duet partner Ricky Martin is a great father, in a revealing new interview with PrideSource.
Stone sang with Martin on his single "The Best Thing ABout Me Is You" and describes him as physically gorgeous, as well as a lovely person. "He totally welcomed me into his home with open arms," she recalls. "And what a great dad! Those two kids, he loves them — and I love to see that. He'll drop everything for his kids. It says a lot about him."
Stone, who has performed at GLAAD and Pride events, says issues that affect LGBT people are important to her. "It's always been something that's been close to my heart because a lot of my best mates are gay. It's important that everybody gets treated the same," she says. "I don't like prejudice in any kind of way, whether it's color or sexual preference. I just think it's disgusting the way that people treat people who are a little bit different."
Stone remembers kissing a female costar in the unreleased film Snappers, but says it wasn't her first time. "I've snogged girls before in my time," she reveals. "But I'm not a lesbian. I swear it, I'm not! I don't think I could go in that direction, but I have snogged girls before when I was little. Of course I have. That's what we do as girls."
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech
- Martina Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 1 hour 12 min ago
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM