WATCH: Gay Heavy Metal, Trans Films, Queer Comics, and Butch Voices
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 20 2013 8:25 AM ET
Get Trans Bodies, Trans Selves in to Schools and Libraries
Trans Bodies, Trans Selves is a book and outreach project intended to improve the lives of trans and gender nonconforming people. According to the editors, "the book itself is a resource guide that brings together writing by prominent authors on the broad, multidimensional spectrum of trans and gender nonconforming identity, as well as on health, legal, cultural and social questions, history, theory, and more… all for the support of transgender, gender nonconforming, and gender-questioning people, their partners and families, students, professors, guidance counselors, providers, and others."
It is being published by Oxford University Press in Spring, 2014, but organizers are trying to gather enough money themselves to support a national outreach project that would expand on the publication of the book giving the book at reduced or no cost to individuals unable to pay, to schools, libraries, community centers, and other support services.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?