Husbands Writer Announced as Guest at Comic-Con 2014
BY Patrick Yacco
December 24 2013 12:20 PM ET
Writer-producer Jane Espenson will be a guest at next year's Comic-Con International, according to the convention’s official blog.
Guests of the convention, scheduled to run July 24-27 in San Diego, receive special billing and speak at a range of panels. Organizers report that Espenson is part of "one of the most diverse guest lists of any convention."
Espenson is a cowriter and producer of Husbands, a Web series focusing on a gay couple whose one-night stand in Las Vegas turns into a shotgun marriage. Husbands airs on the CW Seed, a streaming network created by the CW, and recently completed its third season. The series was adapted into a Web comic, which was published as a hardcover graphic novel by Dark Horse Comics in March.
In addition to her work on Husbands, Espenson has written for a variety of Hollywood programs, including Ellen and Buffy the Vampire. Her other geek credits include scripts for Battlestar Galactica and the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood. She is currently a writer and consulting producer for the ABC Sunday night fantasy drama Once Upon a Time.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar