Husbands Writer Announced as Guest at Comic-Con 2014
BY Patrick Yacco
December 24 2013 12:20 PM ET
Writer-producer Jane Espenson will be a guest at next year's Comic-Con International, according to the convention’s official blog.
Guests of the convention, scheduled to run July 24-27 in San Diego, receive special billing and speak at a range of panels. Organizers report that Espenson is part of "one of the most diverse guest lists of any convention."
Espenson is a cowriter and producer of Husbands, a Web series focusing on a gay couple whose one-night stand in Las Vegas turns into a shotgun marriage. Husbands airs on the CW Seed, a streaming network created by the CW, and recently completed its third season. The series was adapted into a Web comic, which was published as a hardcover graphic novel by Dark Horse Comics in March.
In addition to her work on Husbands, Espenson has written for a variety of Hollywood programs, including Ellen and Buffy the Vampire. Her other geek credits include scripts for Battlestar Galactica and the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood. She is currently a writer and consulting producer for the ABC Sunday night fantasy drama Once Upon a Time.
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 1 hour 42 min ago
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 2 hours 41 min ago
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 4:00 AM
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM