Husbands Writer Announced as Guest at Comic-Con 2014
BY Patrick Yacco
December 24 2013 12:20 PM ET
Writer-producer Jane Espenson will be a guest at next year's Comic-Con International, according to the convention’s official blog.
Guests of the convention, scheduled to run July 24-27 in San Diego, receive special billing and speak at a range of panels. Organizers report that Espenson is part of "one of the most diverse guest lists of any convention."
Espenson is a cowriter and producer of Husbands, a Web series focusing on a gay couple whose one-night stand in Las Vegas turns into a shotgun marriage. Husbands airs on the CW Seed, a streaming network created by the CW, and recently completed its third season. The series was adapted into a Web comic, which was published as a hardcover graphic novel by Dark Horse Comics in March.
In addition to her work on Husbands, Espenson has written for a variety of Hollywood programs, including Ellen and Buffy the Vampire. Her other geek credits include scripts for Battlestar Galactica and the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood. She is currently a writer and consulting producer for the ABC Sunday night fantasy drama Once Upon a Time.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- WATCH: S.C. Senator Uses Confederate Flag Debate to Deliver Antigay Rant
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling