Holidays—It Should Be So Nice
BY Advocate Contributors
October 13 2010 3:00 AM ET
Finding a gay-friendly getaway
I look for aesthetics and attention to detail when selecting an off-the-beaten-path vacation getaway. Aesthetics and gay-friendly are synonymous to me. If the website and the photos convey that impressive quality that I’m always looking for, I know its proprietors have the same sensibilities that are in line with my own. The Cedar Crest Inn (CedarCrestInn.com) in Asheville, N.C., is a favorite of mine. Stylistically eloquent, comfortable, and one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever found on earth.
Fashion designer Santino Rice, star of Lifetime Television’s On the Road With Austin & Santino and a judge on RuPaul’s Drag Race, premiering in January on Logo
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet