Holidays—It Should Be So Nice
BY Advocate Contributors
October 13 2010 4:00 AM ET
Finding a gay-friendly getaway
I look for aesthetics and attention to detail when selecting an off-the-beaten-path vacation getaway. Aesthetics and gay-friendly are synonymous to me. If the website and the photos convey that impressive quality that I’m always looking for, I know its proprietors have the same sensibilities that are in line with my own. The Cedar Crest Inn (CedarCrestInn.com) in Asheville, N.C., is a favorite of mine. Stylistically eloquent, comfortable, and one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever found on earth.
Fashion designer Santino Rice, star of Lifetime Television’s On the Road With Austin & Santino and a judge on RuPaul’s Drag Race, premiering in January on Logo
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality