BY Brandon Voss
December 31 2010 10:40 AM ET
7. TV: Southland
This intensely gritty TNT cop drama stars O.C. cutie Benjamin McKenzie and 227’s Regina King, but we’ve been completely arrested by Michael Cudlitz, who has turned stereotypes on their head as semicloseted gay LAPD patrol officer John Cooper. So far we’ve only seen him flirt and score some pain meds in a gay bar, so we think it’s high time we learned more about his dating life when the third season premieres January 4.
6. CD: Twelve Nights in Hollywood, Ella Fitzgerald
An essential collection for hard-core and casual fans of the late “first lady of song,” this two-disc set has culled the best live performances from her legendary 10-night 1961 engagement at the Crescendo Club and her two-night return to the L.A. venue the following year. Swinging and sentimental, these thrilling debuts of classics and fresh renditions of chestnuts are widely considered the strongest versions of her standards.
5. TV: Watch What Happens Live: Andy’s New Year’s Party; Anderson Cooper 360° New Year’s Eve Live
Why deal with crowds, cover charges, and inclement weather on New Year’s Eve when you could be home switching channels between two of our favorite Advocate cover subjects? While Andy Cohen has a midnight wig-drop at his Bravo clubhouse with Meghan McCain, Sandra Bernhard, and hoards of Housewives, Kathy Griffin is back on CNN — ban be damned! — to make Anderson Cooper sweat. Don’t be tardy for these parties!
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 1 hour 44 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 2 hours 45 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM