BY Brandon Voss
January 14 2011 2:35 PM ET
7. CD: Cheek to Cheek, Michael Feinstein and Barbara Cook
Mr. Feinstein’s recent Broadway partnership with Dame Edna was a flop, but the gay cabaret veteran is much better paired here with Cook, a singing legend and proud PFLAG mom. Available January 18, this live recording of their sold-out fall engagement at Feinstein’s at Loews Regency includes charming solos and duets of standards like “The Very Thought of You,” “Shine on Harvest Moon,” and “I’ve Got You Under My Skin.”
6. TV: Fairly Legal
USA’s new San Francisco–set legal drama — formerly known as Facing Kate — premieres January 20 and stars The L Word’s Sarah Shahi as Kate, a disillusioned lawyer who becomes a mediator to settle conflicts. Can’t Hardly Wait cutie Ethan Embry, who played gay in Sweet Home Alabama, will also appear in a recurring role as Kate’s gay brother Spencer, a partnered stay-at-home father who abandoned his own law career.
5. BOOK: Sex in Drag, Greg Scarnici
Available at Blurb.com, this outrageously clever photo book features more than 70 drag-parodied images from Madonna’s Sex book shot in Fire Island by Wilsonmodels and costarring nightlife notables Dallas Dubois, Logan Hardcore, and Go-Go Harder. YouTube comic Scarnici celebrates the recent release with a book-signing party January 21 at West Hollywood’s Fubar and a photo installation at New York’s XES Lounge.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride