BY Brandon Voss
January 28 2011 12:10 PM ET
7. BOOK: The Intimates, Ralph Sassone; Confessions of a Gay Anchorman, Charles Perez
If Will & Grace were an epic dramatic novel, it might read like Sassone’s debut, The Intimates, in which high school sweethearts Robbie and Maize become New York City roommates after Robbie comes to terms with his homosexuality. For a smart and juicy memoir, check out Confessions of a Gay Anchorman, which gets an official launch February 1 along with the ousted Miami anchor’s NoShame Project, a campaign to erase gay shame.
6. THEATER: Angels in America and American Idiot
Signature Theater Company’s off-Broadway revival of Tony Kushner’s gay fantasia undergoes its first cast change February 2 when Adam Driver replaces Zachary Quinto as self-loathing Louis and Michael Urie replaces Christian Borle as AIDS-stricken Prior. And for one week starting February 1, Melissa Etheridge steps in for Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong as androgynous drug dealer St. Jimmy in Broadway’s American Idiot.
5. BOOK: I’m From Driftwood
Showcasing true LGBT stories from around the world, Nathan Manske’s blog now has a companion anthology — available at ImFromDriftwood.com — that compiles 51 of the site’s most moving accounts, including tales about one man's underground Indonesian gay-straight alliance and another’s closeted life in 1950s Indiana. Touring the country to collect more stories and hold readings, the Driftwood crew just finished visiting all 50 states.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- The Precarious Plight of Paul Richmond's Pinups
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers