BY Brandon Voss
February 04 2011 7:00 PM ET
10. DVD: Lucky Lady
Because we can’t get enough of Liza Minnelli — did you read our recent cover story? — let us recommend this 1975 screwball comedy, which is now available on DVD for the first time. Directed by Stanley Donen of Singin’ in the Rain and Funny Face fame, the film stars Minnelli in a Golden Globe-nominated performance with Gene Hackman and Burt Reynolds as a booze-running, bed- and bath-sharing ménage à trois in the Prohibition era.
9. CABARET: The Other Steve and Edie
For three nights starting February 4, New York’s Laurie Beechman Theatre welcomes Nurse Jackie stars Edie Falco and Stephen Wallem in their new cabaret act, a salute of sorts to the swingin’ stylings of Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gormé. This marks Falco’s cabaret debut, but the gay Wallem — Nurse Jackie’s gay nurse Thor — was a fixture of Chicago’s cabaret scene with autobiographical solo shows like Off the Wallem.
8. TV: Who Do You Think You Are?
Executive-produced by out All Over the Guy writer-star Dan Bucatinsky — partner of filmmaker Don Roos — with longtime pal and producing partner Lisa Kudrow, the second season of NBC’s celebrity genealogy documentary series starts February 4 on NBC. We can’t wait to bark up the old family trees of Vanessa Williams, Kim Cattrall, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ashley Judd, and the show’s first gay volunteer, Rosie O’Donnell.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Trans Advocate Brynn Tannehill's Powerful Advice on Anger, Allies