BY Brandon Voss
February 18 2011 3:55 PM ET
4. ART: “Olly olly oxen free,” Jesse Finley Reed
Come out, come out, wherever you are to the Kaycee Olsen Gallery in Los Angeles, where the gay photographer’s new exhibition opens February 19. Reed explores the double entendre of his show’s title, thought to derive from “all ye, all ye outs in free,” a phrase imploring all those out to enter without penalty. Among his playfully provocative images, Reed illuminates gay nightclub interiors and the sexiness of male silhouettes.
3. CD: “We Belong,” Matt Zarley
In advance of his summer album, out singer-songwriter Matt Zarley — a Broadway vet and the first openly gay man featured as one of People’s “Most Eligible Bachelors” —covers the 1984 Pat Benatar hit as a charity single to benefit the Trevor Project, smoothly transforming the love song into an upbeat anthem of unity with a gospel choir-y climax. Released on Valentine’s Day, the single includes a remix by DJ Bill Bennett and Pete Masitti.
2. TV: Our America with Lisa Ling
Airing February 22, the second episode of OWN’s smart documentary series will focus on the lives of five transgender people, an interesting mix of trans men and trans women of various ages and transitional progress. An Oprah Winfrey Show field correspondent and a former cohost of The View, host Ling will interview Exodus International president Alan Chambers and investigate the idea of “praying the gay away” in a future episode.
- Music The Shondes: On Mixing Music & Politics 6 min 6 sec ago
- Travel London's Gay Travel Expo: Pool Party, Models, Giant Shoes 48 min 7 sec ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Underwear Models for Affordable Healthcare 48 min 43 sec ago
- Transgender Calif. Athletic Commission Considers Licensing Trans Athletes 54 min 8 sec ago
- Religion Antigay Archbishop Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor 1 hour 21 sec ago
- Politics Maddow to Putin: Ha! Take That! 1 hour 33 min ago
- Politics Pa. Gov. Comes Out for LGBT Employment Protections 1 hour 35 min ago