BY Brandon Voss
February 25 2011 9:30 AM ET
4. DVD: Burlesque
Available March 1, out writer-director Steven Antin’s unabashedly camp pastiche of Fosse and Verhoeven stars Christina Aguilera and Cher as an ambitious singer and her prickly boss at a Sunset Strip nightclub, but it somehow gets even gayer. Aside from a weird cameo by Alan Cumming, Stanley Tucci slips back into his Prada shoes as Cher’s gay assistant, who sleeps with a DJ played by sexy Perfect Couples star David Walton.
3. BOOK: The L Life: Extraordinary Lesbians Making a Difference
With casually candid interviews by author Erin McHugh and stunning new portraits by photographer Jennifer May, this essential hardcover tribute, available March 1, celebrates newsmakers and ordinary inspirations like Dykes to Watch Out For’s Alison Bechdel, comedian Kate Clinton, breast cancer researcher Dr. Susan Love, activist Phyllis Lyon, producer Christine Vachon, and Glee’s Jane Lynch. Rosie and Ellen aren’t even missed.
2. FILM: Heartbeats (Les Amours Imaginaires)
In theaters February 25, out writer-director Xavier Dolan’s visually striking and wickedly relatable French-language follow-up to I Killed My Mother stars 21-year-old Dolan as Francis, a Montreal hipster who falls for the same guy — Niels Schneider’s cherubic Nicolas — as a girlfriend, unraveling their lives as they determine if he likes “tits or cocks.” In an unforgettable scene, Francis desperately sniffs Nico’s dirty shirt as he masturbates.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6