BY Brandon Voss
March 04 2011 6:00 PM ET
4. The Celebrity Apprentice
Survivor winner and IRS loser Richard Hatch is our only gay hope when Donald Trump’s starry reality competition returns March 6 on NBC, but competitor La Toya Jackson competes to raise money and awareness for AIDS Project Los Angeles — one of many worthy charities that makes the heated feud between Star Jones and Atlanta Housewife NeNe Leakes seem silly. Other gay-favorites include Lisa Rinna and Dionne Warwick.
3. MUSIC: Collapse Into Now, R.E.M.
Led by queer icon and 2010 Out 100 honoree Michael Stipe, the veteran alt-rockers reteam with Irish producer Jacknife Lee — producer of the band’s last effort, Accelerate — on their 15th studio album. Out March 8, it’s being touted as more personal, less political, and one of their most sonically expansive records ever, with special guest vocals from Patti Smith, Peaches, Eddie Vedder, and gay Hidden Cameras front man Joel Gibb.
2. THEATER: Arts and Crafts
For two shows on March 7, Sandra Bernhard and Mx. Justin Vivian Bond join forces and fans for the premiere of their new musical romp at Joe’s Pub in New York. Bernhard and Bond play country cousins on very different life paths: One gave up a rock-chick career for born-again Midwestern motherhood, and the other went from small-town queen to urban art world sophisticate. Cole Escola of Logo’s Jeffery & Cole Casserole costars.
- LGBT Activist Goes Missing in Buffalo, Community Rallies
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013
- BREAKING: Utah Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Lockheed Martin Cuts Off Money to Antigay Boy Scouts
- Hundreds of Catholic Students Protest Gay Vice Principal's Dismissal
- Business Lockheed Martin Cuts Off Money to Antigay Boy Scouts 50 min 16 sec ago
- Transgender LGBT Activist Goes Missing, Community Rallies 1 hour 52 min ago
- Transgender New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Certificate Bill 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013 5:00 AM
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists: 'We Have to Stay and Fight' December 20 2013 8:57 PM
- Marriage Equality Photo from Utah: First Gay Couple Married December 20 2013 7:40 PM
- Women LISTEN: Out Folk Duo Hannah & Maggie's Lesbian Love Letter to Mrs. Claus December 20 2013 6:46 PM