BY Brandon Voss
March 11 2011 8:05 PM ET
1. FILM: Making the Boys
Out March 11, Crayton Robey’s captivating documentary celebrates the legacy of The Boys in the Band, Mart Crowley’s groundbreaking yet polarizing 1968 play and 1970 film that Cheyenne Jackson describes as “a bunch of queens getting drunk.” Half the fun is the insightful commentary — Christian Siriano never heard of it — and amazing archival footage like home movies of a 1965 party at Roddy McDowall’s beach house.
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series