BY Brandon Voss
March 18 2011 1:00 PM ET
10. TV: The Pee-wee Herman Show on Broadway
Paul Reubens revives his lovably maniacal man-child alter ego from the ’80s series Pee-wee’s Playhouse in this taped performance of his Broadway crowd-pleaser, which airs March 19 on HBO. All of the campy characters and classic catchphrases are back, but today’s Pee-wee gets postcards from flirty prison pen pals, and the quip “Why don’t you marry it?” makes Magic Screen list the states in which two women can legally marry.
9. BOOK: Porn From Andy Warhol to X-Tube
Packed with fun facts and prurient photos, Kevin Clarke’s new hardcover coffee-table book chronicles a blow-by-blow history of gay porn from Andy Warhol’s underground ’60s erotica to megastudios like Falcon to pay-per-minute video sites. This eye-opening Bruno Gmünder Verlag release includes interviews with porn-world luminaries like Chi Chi LaRue and William Higgins, plus a chapter on the importance of porn as safe sex.
8. THEATER: The Broadway Beauty Pageant
This benefit for the Ali Forney Center, New York’s emergency housing resource for homeless LGBT youth, is in its fifth year of objectifying hot chorus boys. Held March 21 at the Peter Norton Symphony Space, the event — conceived by Jeffery Self and directed by Ryan J. Davis — will be hosted by Tovah Feldshuh with celebrity judges Rachel Dratch, Carson Kressley, and Bruce Vilanch. The swimsuit portion is not to be missed.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Debunking Bill Cosby's Claim He Can Read Women's Desires, Accuser Comes Out As Lesbian