BY Brandon Voss
March 18 2011 12:00 PM ET
10. TV: The Pee-wee Herman Show on Broadway
Paul Reubens revives his lovably maniacal man-child alter ego from the ’80s series Pee-wee’s Playhouse in this taped performance of his Broadway crowd-pleaser, which airs March 19 on HBO. All of the campy characters and classic catchphrases are back, but today’s Pee-wee gets postcards from flirty prison pen pals, and the quip “Why don’t you marry it?” makes Magic Screen list the states in which two women can legally marry.
9. BOOK: Porn From Andy Warhol to X-Tube
Packed with fun facts and prurient photos, Kevin Clarke’s new hardcover coffee-table book chronicles a blow-by-blow history of gay porn from Andy Warhol’s underground ’60s erotica to megastudios like Falcon to pay-per-minute video sites. This eye-opening Bruno Gmünder Verlag release includes interviews with porn-world luminaries like Chi Chi LaRue and William Higgins, plus a chapter on the importance of porn as safe sex.
8. THEATER: The Broadway Beauty Pageant
This benefit for the Ali Forney Center, New York’s emergency housing resource for homeless LGBT youth, is in its fifth year of objectifying hot chorus boys. Held March 21 at the Peter Norton Symphony Space, the event — conceived by Jeffery Self and directed by Ryan J. Davis — will be hosted by Tovah Feldshuh with celebrity judges Rachel Dratch, Carson Kressley, and Bruce Vilanch. The swimsuit portion is not to be missed.
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM