BY Brandon Voss
April 08 2011 6:50 PM ET
10. DVD/CD: Tough Love, Lisa Lampanelli
No surprise that gays — or “semen demons” — are among the first people that the insult comic lovingly teases in her latest Comedy Central special, which just got a CD and DVD release including bonus content. The roast queen, who tells homophobes they aren’t allowed to be her fans, applauds gays because “not one gay guy has ever got mad at me about a joke, and you’d think if there was any group who’d have a stick up their ass ... ”
9. THEATER: Burn This
A fine de facto tribute to the recently deceased Pulitzer Prize–winning gay playwright, Lanford Wilson’s drama just opened — with gay director Nicholas Martin at the helm — at the Mark Taper Forum in L.A., where it premiered in 1987. Among the group assembled after the death of Robbie, a young gay dancer, Brooks Ashmanskas stars as Robbie’s witty gay roommate, Larry, who flirts with another roomie’s straight lover, Ken Barnett’s Burton.
8. MUSIC: Too Young to Be in Love, Hunx and His Punx
As the Oakland quintet’s flamboyant frontman “Hunx,” Seth Bogart has toned down the graphic homoeroticism from the group’s Gay Singles compilation on its nostalgic new bubblegum tribute to ’60s girl groups, but he still croons nasally about other boys on doo-wop tracks like “Lover’s Lane” and “My Boyfriend’s Coming Back.” “Too Young to Be in Love” details the campy tragedy that befalls “Hunx” when he takes a bad boy to prom.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program