BY Brandon Voss
April 15 2011 4:25 PM ET
10. MUSIC/DVD: Glee: The Music Presents the Warblers and Glee Encore
Gleek out over these April 19 releases. Led by Darren Criss as gay teen Blaine, the New Directions’ a cappella rivals at Dalton Academy get the spotlight on Glee: The Music Presents the Warblers, which includes exclusive covers of Barbra Streisand’s “What Kind of Fool” and Rod Stewart’s “Do Ya Think I’m Sexy?” The Glee Encore DVD compiles 34 season 1 musical performances, including “Beautiful” and “Rose’s Turn.”
9. BOOK: Rainy Day Recess: The Complete Steven’s Comics, David Kelly
David Kelly’s “Steven’s Comics,” a strip syndicated from 1995 to 1998 in various LGBT newspapers nationwide, chronicled a sensitive young boy’s coming of age in the ’70s — a lovable character who inspired our empathy and pride as he played with dolls, dealt with bullying, and crushed on his best friend. A portion of the proceeds from the collection, which includes a moving foreword by Dan Savage, will benefit the It Gets Better Project.
8. CONCERT: Joey Arias: Live at Town Hall!
A fixture of Manhattan’s downtown performance scene and the original emcee in Cirque du Soleil’s Zumanity in Las Vegas, legendary drag artiste Joey Arias takes over New York’s Town Hall April 21, promising a saucy evening of jazz standards and unexpected covers. Presented by Josh Wood Productions with fashion icon Manfred Thierry Mugler as artistic director, the event will benefit Lifebeat, an HIV/AIDS prevention nonprofit.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality