BY Brandon Voss
April 29 2011 4:30 AM ET
1. MUSIC: Supposed Unknown, Eric Himan
Produced by trans singer-songwriter Namoli Brennet, Eric Himan’s seventh studio album, which drops May 2, might just be the out pop-folk rocker’s most mature, radio-friendly effort yet. His melodic gumbo of blues, soul, and Motown flavors takes listeners on an urgent, satisfying journey, driving fast and free down a dusty trail of tears and joy. Inspired by an LGBT event in North Carolina, “Out in the Outer Banks” is a highlight.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- WATCH: Zach Quinto, Jane Lynch, Ellen, and NPH Warn 'Voting Makes You Gay'
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room