BY Brandon Voss
May 06 2011 1:20 PM ET
10. TV: Lady Gaga Presents the Monster Ball Tour at Madison Square Garden
If you learn nothing else from this new concert documentary, know that Lady Gaga will not be destroyed — not even by those who will call the special, which airs May 7 on HBO, a rip-off of Madonna’s Truth or Dare with its scandalous performances and black-and-white backstage footage of tears, prayers, and gay backup dancers. “It’s crazy ’cause we’re at the Garden,” she sobs, “but I still sometimes feel like a loser kid in high school.”
9. BOOKS: The Picture of Dorian Gray: An Annotated, Uncensored Edition, Oscar Wilde; From Here to Eternity: The Restored Edition, James Jones
Editor Nicholas Frankel uncovers Wilde’s original typescript as it was submitted in 1890 for publication in Lippincott’s Monthly Magazine, reintroducing excised homoerotic lines like “It is quite true I have worshipped you with far more romance of feeling than a man should ever give to a friend.” Likewise, a new e-book of Jones’s 1951 novel reinstates the author’s more realistic depictions of military life, including two scenes with gay content.
8. MUSIC: LOVE? Jennifer Lopez; Crazy Little Things, Lynda Carter; The Ultimate Collection, Sade; In Your Dreams, Stevie Nicks
Divas alert: No “Louboutins” on J.Lo’s latest, but Lady Gaga collaborations “Hypnotico” and “Invading My Mind” will get you on the floor; Miss Carter puts a smooth, jazzy spin on eccentric classics like “The Loco-motion”; the first Nicks album in a decade features resurrected Rumours demo “Secret Love” and a track inspired by Twilight: New Moon; and Sade’s two-disc retrospective includes a new “Moon and the Sky” remix with Jay-Z.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: More Officials Like Kim Davis Would Be a Disaster