BY Brandon Voss
May 06 2011 1:20 PM ET
7. BOOK: Tell Secrets – Tell No Lies: Confessions of a Closetless Queen, Bruce Headrick
Headrick, a former adult entertainer known as Blake McDonald, lets it all hang out in his candid, conversational new memoir, a juicy paperback perfect for summer beach-reading. Headrick details his journey from preacher’s son to gay-porn star and escort — Richard Simmons and Neil Sedaka were allegedly clients — thanks in part to an encounter with Wayland Flowers. A portion of the book’s sales benefits the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
6. MUSIC: Glamazon, RuPaul
Hallelu! More than two years after the release of Ru’s last record, Champion, the competing gurls on RuPaul’s Drag Race will finally have some new material with which to lip-synch for their lives. Ru has definitely not fucked it up on his fifth studio album — again produced by RevoLucian’s Lucian Piane — which features sassy party and runway tracks like “Reprositrannity,” “Click Clack (Make Dat Money),” and single “Superstar.”
5. CABARET: Ryan O’Connor Eats His Feelings
A YouTube funnyman and a Your OWN Show competitor recently honored in our Forty Under 40 issue, Ryan O’Connor literally turns food addiction into an art form in his scrumptious solo act, which plays Mondays at New York’s Laurie Beechman Theatre through May 23. Whether he’s spoofing A Chorus Line in “At the Buffet,” interviewing a special guest, or reliving his coming out to his dying father, you’ll want to eat him up.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Will PrEP Make Gay Men Stop Using Condoms?
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality