BY Brandon Voss
May 13 2011 5:50 PM ET
4. FILM: The Topp Twins: Untouchable Girls
Allow Leanne Pooley’s immensely entertaining documentary, which opens May 13, to introduce you to lesbian twin sisters Jools and Lynda Topp, a yodeling comedy duo from New Zealand. “On paper they should be commercial death,” says comedy writer Paul Horan, “but they totally deliver to the audience.” The progressive political activists, who live together with their girlfriends, have male alter egos and often sing about being gay.
3. CABARET: Miss Coco Peru: There Comes a Time
Miss Coco’s latest evening of story and song opens May 13 at the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center’s Renberg Theatre. Anyone who saw Miss Coco Peru is Still Alive! knows that Coco — né Clinton Leupp — has overcome tragedies, but this new show, which benefits the Center, promises to be all light and fun, featuring anecdotes about her appearance at friend Bea Arthur’s memorial and playing “Angel” in the backers’ audition for Rent.
2. THEATER: WTC View
Brian Sloan’s drama, which premiered at the 2003 FringeNYC and was made into a 2005 film starring Michael Urie, will finally bow off-Broadway. Directed by Andrew Volkoff, the limited engagement begins May 19 at 59E59 Theaters as part of its “Americas Off-Broadway” series. Nick Lewis stars as Eric, a gay photographer who must interview potential roommates for his SoHo apartment after placing an ad on September 10, 2001.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM