BY Brandon Voss
May 13 2011 5:50 PM ET
1. EVENT: The Ben Cohen Acceptance Tour
Rugby superstar and bear icon Ben Cohen, a longtime opponent of homophobia in sports, will continue to promote equality on a personal appearance tour that reaches the U.S. on May 19 in Atlanta before hitting New York, Seattle, and Washington, D.C., later this month. The tour, which will team Cohen up with local gay and gay-friendly rugby clubs, will raise awareness and funds for the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word