BY Brandon Voss
May 20 2011 5:10 PM ET
10. MUSIC/EVENT: Glee: The Music, Volume 6 and Glee Live! In Concert!
Out May 23, the final official album of Glee’s second season includes 15 of the best numbers from the last six episodes, plus new original tracks “Pretending,” “As Long As You’re There” with Charice, and “Light Up The World,” a New Directions showcase cowritten by hit-maker Max Martin. The disc coincides with the gang’s second North American summer tour, Glee Live! In Concert!, which kicks off May 21 in Las Vegas.
9. FILM: Children of God
Kareem Mortimer’s impressive feature debut stars Johnny Ferro and Stephen Tyrone Williams as interracial lovers, an artist and a closeted musician, on a rural, extremely religious Bahamian island. The exquisitely shot romantic drama opens May 20 in New York — with Out’s deputy editor Bill Keith presenting the opening night screening at Quad Cinema —before airing June 2 on Showtime and being released June 7 on DVD.
8. TV: Hometown Renovation
“This show is a major departure for HGTV,” celebrity makeup artist Billy B tells us of his six-hour World of Wonder-produced docudrama miniseries, which debuts May 20. Like “the hillbilly version of Jeff Lewis from Flipping Out,” the RuPaul’s Drag Race judge returns home to Aberdeen, Miss., to transform dilapidated properties into enviable treasures. You’ll love meeting Billy’s mom and cute handyman sidekick John Dudley.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Minnesota Antibullying Bill Dies in Senate
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music EXCLUSIVE: Audra McDonald's 'Some Days' 12 min 45 sec ago
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 26 min 9 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM