BY Brandon Voss
May 27 2011 2:40 PM ET
7. DVD: Never Apologize and Public Speaking
Check out these funny, fascinating docs about great gay minds. In Mike Kaplan’s Never Apologize, Malcolm McDowell pays solo tribute to controversial British director Lindsay Anderson, a “celibate homosexual” who fell in love with his male leads. Directed by Martin Scorsese, Public Speaking lets legendary writer and wit Fran Lebowitz riff on everything, including the idea that smoking has become more deviant than being gay.
6. TV: Million Dollar Decorators
Real estate porn alert! Debuting May 31 on Bravo, this stylish new docu-series about the competitive world of high-end interior design in Los Angeles includes three handsome and philanthropic gay designers: Martyn Bullard, Jeffrey Alan Marks, and Nathan Turner. Designers Mary McDonald and Kathryn Ireland round out the cast with Real Housewives looks and attitude to match their extremely wealthy, famous, and demanding clients.
5. DVD: Violet Tendencies
Mindy Cohn, best known as Natalie on the ’80s sitcom The Facts of Life, is a scream as Violet, a self-described “fag hag” swarmed and sometimes stifled by her gay male friends in Manhattan. Directed by Casper Andreas and penned by Out columnist Jesse Archer — collaborators on films like Slutty Summer and A Four Letter Word — this unconventional rom-com is jam-packed with buff eye-candy, gut-busting one-liners, and surprising heart.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 1 hour 31 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 2 hours 32 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM