BY Brandon Voss
May 27 2011 2:40 PM ET
7. DVD: Never Apologize and Public Speaking
Check out these funny, fascinating docs about great gay minds. In Mike Kaplan’s Never Apologize, Malcolm McDowell pays solo tribute to controversial British director Lindsay Anderson, a “celibate homosexual” who fell in love with his male leads. Directed by Martin Scorsese, Public Speaking lets legendary writer and wit Fran Lebowitz riff on everything, including the idea that smoking has become more deviant than being gay.
6. TV: Million Dollar Decorators
Real estate porn alert! Debuting May 31 on Bravo, this stylish new docu-series about the competitive world of high-end interior design in Los Angeles includes three handsome and philanthropic gay designers: Martyn Bullard, Jeffrey Alan Marks, and Nathan Turner. Designers Mary McDonald and Kathryn Ireland round out the cast with Real Housewives looks and attitude to match their extremely wealthy, famous, and demanding clients.
5. DVD: Violet Tendencies
Mindy Cohn, best known as Natalie on the ’80s sitcom The Facts of Life, is a scream as Violet, a self-described “fag hag” swarmed and sometimes stifled by her gay male friends in Manhattan. Directed by Casper Andreas and penned by Out columnist Jesse Archer — collaborators on films like Slutty Summer and A Four Letter Word — this unconventional rom-com is jam-packed with buff eye-candy, gut-busting one-liners, and surprising heart.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 2 hours 14 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 2 hours 14 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 2 hours 14 min ago
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM